Easy Sew Beanie


First I took a men's sweater I found at Goodwill for $1.99
1)  Cut off the lower half (so the hem is already done).  Cutting size 9x22 (large head)
2)  Fold rectangle in half right sides together. Sew and serge
3) With rectangle folded in 1/2 mark up 6in on each side and cut a semi-circle.  So it's 6in on the side and the full 9in in the middle then back to 6in on the other side.  Sew and serge.
4)  Fold in half the other way and repeat step 3. So you should have a sewn X on top and one side seam.
5)  Sew on a fun patch and you are done.  This is for my dad who as you might have guessed is an NRA kinda guy.



Then I remembered he (my dad) prefers ear muff to having his whole head covered.
So I cut a pattern 2 1/2 wide and dip downs about where my ears where.  (I made a 1/2 pattern and then folded the fabric in half...it uses less paper :)

Cut out some felt ovals for nice and snug ears.  Sew them on the right side of the fabric.  I used a zig zag stitch which is very forgiving on round edges. Then with the right side together sew around the edges leaving one end open.  Turn right side out, and finish of the open end.  Because I didn't have my dad on hand and I was in a bit of a time crunch I just finished the ends with velcro.  So he can make it as snug as he needs.


Comments

Popular Posts