Thursday, December 29, 2011

New Years Memory Place-mats with the kiddo's


Last year on New Years I was needing a serious break from responsibilities.    Needless to say I don't even think we told the kids it was new years and Jeff and I were in bed by 9:00.  The following day I had regained my energy and we officially celebrated New Years.   We made these fun memory place mats and can't wait to make them again this year and then I hope to have a collection for the grandkids one day!

Materials
Large construction paper
Paints, markers and pictures

We had the kids think through the year and what they did, were a part of or a fun memory.  Then we painted their hands and then they got to working adding their thoughts.   Jake made a dog house with his dad using real tools.  He was also the drummer in the 4th of July parade at my parents.   Ha ha ha I just noticed that he labeled his hands.   He's not much for writing.  My funny boy!

 I had to help faith the most but I think she got the hang of it.  She was excited to write her ABC's out to symbolize starting school and I was all to pleased to let her.

 Kelsey did a wonderful job all her little notes and memories from the year even things only she know.  I think she trimmed the laminations a little close which let to the marker bleeding.  Next year a thicker trim around the paper.

Once you have what you like you can take it to Kinko's and get it laminate or if you have your own you can run it through the laminator and your done.

I'm so excited I think Jeff and I might join in the tradition this year too!

No comments:

Post a Comment