Sunday, February 12, 2012

Trying to blog

I've been so enjoying blogging and how it's keeping me accountable to intentionally create things.  Sounds easy for a creative person but when you are juggling; home-schooling, mother of 3 and their activities, making dinner, managing a home, trying to stick with our budget, and helping my husband run his business.  It's easy to cut out what you love in the attempt to get it all done.  

We just moved about 3 weeks ago and I'm still unpacking and setting up my craft room.  Moving is hard very hard for me.  It takes me time to settle in and readjust to life in a new place.   So I don't have any tutorials to post but I do have some fun pictures that may inspire you in creative ways.

First I think I have the COOLEST son.  Truly I've met other boys but they just don't measure up.  He's truly awesome.  So I'll brag on his coolness a little in the picture.  He was so excited to show me he's new trick.  We all laughed so hard, I just had to take a picture.


Then my daughter got a henna tattoo kit for christmas and we had so much fun painting on each other.  Although my youngest wasn't too into it.
 Poor Jake his birthday is on December 21st and I've always made sure to have big parties for him in January so he could have a day all his own.  But it wasn't long before I realized he and big groups of people don't work so well.  So we opted for an invite one friend over and we'll do something fun and they can spend the night kind of party.  But this year it didnt' happen till after we moved.  So we celebrated in Feb.  Anyway we made this fun lego cake.  We had a little lego mold for ice cubes but, melted chocolate and food coloring works too I found out.

He need that!

 One day on our way to church I spotted an awesome garage sale.  I quickly found a cool rocking chair and a tin of bead supplies.  My son on the other hand found a strange kind of popsicle maker I didn't really get it at the time and wanted to say no but I could see it in his eye this meant something to him.  Needless to say I don't think any of us have ever made a popsicle in it BUT Jake has made a ton and tons.  He loves asking friend do you want a popsicle and loves to make sweet treats for his friends.

 I had a spinach juice not so good.  I drank it but the kids wouldn't.  So we came up with juice popsicles and then we inserted in the center some banana cream I made.  This brought the idea of rootbeer float popsicles but those happened when I was at Yoga so I didn't get any photos.


So today we are off to a piano recital for our 12 year old.  And I'm working on a fun project in my downstairs bathroom.  As soon as I'm done I'll post some pictures!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you found a minute to blog! Hope you're settling in...how do you make your Banana Cream?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just put a banana and some whipping cream in the blender and presto. Thanks for well wishes. Do you have Zoku? Wondered if you've done any fun things with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yummy! I do not have a Zoku...we just have regular old popsicle molds. I'd like to use them more come spring/summer. Banana Cream...yum!

    ReplyDelete